The Ranae was designed for the "Conventus Ranae," which is the brotherhood of Danish Frogmen, organized to provide support and assistance to current and former frogmen and their families. This combat fixed blade dagger is a beautiful versatile design that is up to rugged hard use.
Only a little more than 300 men have ever made it to become a member of the Fromandskorpset during its 62 years of existence. Each year the unit receives between 500 and 600 applications for membership. However, less than a dozen successfully complete the grueling nine-month course. Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik was a past graduate from the program.
Every Ranae sold by GiantMouse means a donation to the "Conventus Ranae."
- Blade Length: 5.50" (139.7 mm)
- Handle Length: 4.875" (123.8 mm)
- Overall Length: 10.375" (263.5 mm)
- Blade Material: N690Co Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.150" (3.8 mm)
- Blade Style: Double Edge Dagger
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon (FRN)
- Handle Thickness: 0.87" (22.1 mm)
- Sheath Material: Kydex
- Weight: 4.80 oz. (136 g)
- Weight with Sheath: 8.70 oz. (246.6 g)
- Designers: Jens Anso & Jesper Voxnaes
- Made in Maniago, Italy