If you've been craving a Rick Hinderer knife, but couldn't quite part with the bucks, your last excuse has just disappeared. The Cryo is the result of collaboration between Rick Hinderer and the design and production engineers at Kershaw. And we're sure it will satisfy both your Hinderer craving and the demands of your wallet.
A classic Rick Hinderer design, the Cryo is built of pure stainless steel coated with matte gray titanium carbo-nitride for a no-fuss look that lets the design shine through. Like all Rick's knives, the Cryo benefits from Rick's real world experience as a firefighter and EMT. It's designed to be a sturdy knife that's still aesthetically pleasing and feels good in the hand.
For secure blade lock up, the Cryo offers a tough frame lock with lockbar stabilization. The Cryo also features Kershaw's SpeedSafe assisted opening for fast and easy one-handed opening. Access it with either the built-in flipper or the thumb stud.
Slightly smaller than some Hinderer pocket knives, the Cryo is a superb knife for every day carry. EDC this guy for a while and we think you'll soon appreciate its virtues. You get the tactical, hard-use looks you're looking for, a Hinderer design, and SpeedSafe opening in this amazingly affordable Kershaw that's destined to be the Hinderer for the rest of us.
- Flipper- May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Quad-carry- The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Frame lock
- Flipper and thumbstud
- Quad-carry (tip-up/tip-down; left/right) pocketclip; deep-carry
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, titanium carbo-nitride coating
- Handle: 410, titanium carbo-nitride coating
- Blade length: 2.75 in. (7 cm)
- Closed length: 3.75 in. (9.5 cm)
- Overall length: 6.50 in. (16.5 cm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz.
- Made in China